Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for September 12th, 2011

Taybeh

“Though small with only 2,000 inhabitants, Taybeh is in fact the last remaining entirely Christian settlement in Palestine. Everyone belongs to one of its three churches. About 1,160 villagers belong to St. George Orthodox Church, which was built between 1929 and 1932 near the site of a fourth–century church. Another 530 belong to Christ the Redeemer Latin Catholic Church, built in l971. And about 310 belong to St. George Melkite Greek Catholic Church, built in l964.

Known as Afram (Ephraim) in biblical times, this village is where Jesus and his disciples took refuge after Lazarus’ resurrection, when the Sanhedrin issued him a death sentence.”

More, from One:

http://www.cnewa.org/default.aspx?ID=3558&pagetypeID=4&sitecode=HQ&pageno=1

 

Read Full Post »

Read Full Post »